DORKING ALLOTMENT HOLDERS’ ASSOCIATION
As agreed at the Special General Meeting 17th March 2011
- 1.1 This Association to be called the Dorking Allotment Holders’ Association.
- 1.2 To represent members in the Dorking area in the mutual benefit and improvement of allotments, the Committee assisting as far as possible in the· control thereof.
- 1.3 To buy collectively at the lowest possible prices.
- 1.4 To further the knowledge of Members by organising exhibits of allotment produce, by organising competitions for awards and prizes by a set of rules as appropriate.
- 1.5 Committee and Members will assist the Mole Valley District Council in good allotment management practices especially with regard to the control of dogs and the environmentally safe disposal of rubbish.
- 2.1 The membership subscription shall be set annually at the Annual General Meeting for the forthcoming Subscription Year from 1 September to 31st August.
- 2.2 Members only will be entitled to purchase Association supplies.
3. Officers and Committee
- 3.1 The business of the Association shall be managed by a Committee elected annually at the Annual General Meeting.
- 3.2 The Committee shall consist of the following officers and members:
- 3.2.1 Honorary Officers: President, Chairman (also as Trustee), Treasurer (also as Trustee), Secretary (also as Trustee), Membership Secretary, Events Secretary and Media Secretary.
- 3.2.2 A maximum of 10 other Committee members drawn from the membership including Site Agents who are members. The intention being to represent members as fairly as possible.
- 3.3 Any 5 members of the Committee, including Officers, shall form a quorum and in the absence of the Chairman the members of the Committee present shall elect one of their number as Chairman of the meeting.
- 3.4 The meetings of the Committee shall be held when necessary or the request, made in writing, stating the business for which the meeting is required to be held, by any three members of the Committee.
- 3.5 The Committee shall have the power to co-opt additional members to fill vacancies or for any other reason for periods of not more than 11 months within that Committee’s year.
- 3.6 Nominations for the posts of Officers or Committee members to be elected at the Annual General Meeting shall be made by not less than two members of the Association.
- 3.7 In the event of an equality of votes at any meeting, including the AGM, the President or Chairman but not both shall have a casting vote.
- 4.1 The funds of the Association shall be paid into a bank of the Committee’s choice as recorded in the minutes of the AGM in the name of 3 trustees and all accounts shall be paid by cheque signed by two trustees.
- 4.2 The financial year of the Association shall close on 31 August in each year, after which a balance sheet shall be prepared and audited previous to the AGM.
- 4.3 The income and property of the Association shall be solely applied towards promoting the objects of the Association.
- 4.4 In the event of winding up or dissolution of the Association any remaining assets after all liabilities have been discharged shall be divided equally amongst current members.
- 5.1 Competition rules, appointment of judges, value of awards or prizes, to be agreed by the Committee.
- 5.2 Silver Challenge Cups to be held for one year shall be competed for annually.
- 5.3 Members only shall be eligible to compete.
6. Annual General Meeting
- 6.1 The AGM of members shall be held during the month of October after notice of the meeting has been displayed at each site where the Association has members 30 days before the meeting.
- 6.2 The business of the AGM shall be:
- 6.2.1 to accept the minutes of the last AGM
- 6.2.2 to receive Chairman’s, Treasurer’s, Secretary’s Reports
- 6.2.3 to elect the Officers and Committee of the Association
- 6.2.4 to appoint an Independent Examiner who shall not be a member of the Association’s Committee
- 6.2.5 to deal with any other business which the Committee or any Member may wish to consider
- 6.3 Members wishing to bring forward any special business must give the secretary at least 14 days’ notice in writing stating the nature of the business.
- 6.4 Special General Meetings may be called by a resolution of the Committee; the notice convening such meeting shall state the nature of the business for which the meeting is called.
7. Amendments to the Constitution
No alteration to these rules can be made except at a General or Special Meeting called for the purpose, and in each case a notice in writing of such alteration must be sent to the Secretary 14 days before the meeting is held.